Why does Peak unexpectedly quit when I click on the record button?
If you are experiencing crashes in Peak when you have clicked the record button on the transport bar, or clicking the stop button in the record window just after a recording, please setup a scratch disc.
To configure your scratch disks, please follow these steps:
- Update to the latest version of Peak here: http://www.bias-inc.com/downloads/updates/
- Go into Peak's Preference menu and select Scratch Disks. This will bring up your scratch disk setup window:
- This window will display any drives or partitions you have on your system. You can select any drives by checking the correspoding box in the "Use" column. Your user login must have permission to write to the selected drive.
- We recommend specifying one partition/drive as your scratch disk and deactivating all others. Choose the partition/drive you want to use by checking the "Use" box, and also the "Primary" button for that partition/drive.
- You also want to specify a folder on that partition. Click the "Folder" box for the partion. Choose an existing folder, or create a scratch folder and click the "Choose" button:
- After you've selected a folder Peak will bring you back to the scratch disk window with the folder box checked for the partition that you've selected. Click OK and you should be all set to work in Peak: