Advanced Troubleshooting Techniques for Peak 6
If the standard Troubleshooting Techniques didn't work, it might be time to re-install your software. These steps are for both Peak Pro and Peak LE 6.
- Navigate to the Library folder, and then to the Receipts folder - move any files that have "BIAS" or "Peak" in their names to the Trash.
- Navigate back to the Library folder, and into the Application Support folder.
- Locate the BIAS folder and put it in the Trash.
- Navigate to your Applications folder, and move the Peak application to the Trash.
- Navigate to your Applications folder, and then into the Utilities folder.
- Launch Disk Utility, select your system hard drive (Mac HD), and click the Repair Disk Permissions button. When Disk Utility is finished Repairing Permissions, empty the Trash and restart the computer.
*Please note that in this step you will be deleting your licenses for all installed BIAS software that uses the BIAS Authorization Manager, and you will need to re-authorize that computer. This will NOT use up another authorization as it is for the same computer.
Please note that changes made in Mac OS 10.5 (Leopard) now cause the Repair Permission process to take 10 minutes or more. It may seem like it is not working at first, but let it continue to run, this will help fix permission errors on your Mac.
When the computer has restarted install Peak, and make sure you have updated to the latest version. You can check for updates at:
If you continue to have trouble with Peak, please contact BIAS Technical Support.