How to authorize Peak Pro 5.2, Peak LE 5.2, or Peak Express 5.2
This article will show how to authorize Peak Express 5.2, Peak LE 5.2, and Peak Pro 5.2 - using the new serial number-based authorization system.
- You will need a computer that is connected to the internet in order to authorize Peak 5.2. Either an Apple G4 (or higher) running Mac OS X v. 10.3.9 or later. Or a Windows PC running XP home, Pro or Vista.
- If you are using a Windows computer to connect to the internet, you will need to download the Windows version of the BIAS Authorization Manager.
- If you already own Peak Pro 5.00 - 5.02, you will be able to continue using your current HASP USB key after updating to Peak Pro 5.2. If you prefer using the USB key for authorization, simply plug it in and Peak will work with its existing authorization. If you choose to authorize with your USB key, you do not need to also authorize with a serial number by following the steps below.
- Peak LE 5.0 serial numbers are not compaible with Peak LE 5.2. If your serial number starts with "BPL-" it is from Peak LE 5.0, and will not work with Peak LE 5.2.
You will need to issue yourself a new type of serial number to activate Peak LE 5.2 - to do so, click here.
If your serial number fits this format "12-abcd-3456-efgh-7890-ijkl-m" - you will NOT need a new serial number - it will work with Peak LE 5.2.
To authorize Peak 5.2 please follow these instructions:
- Install your edition of Peak 5.2.
Launch the application — you will be presented with the following dialog (fig 1).
Choose "Authorize" — the BIAS Authorization Manager will appear.
- Select the appropriate edition of Peak.
- Enter your Peak serial number within the serial number field (fig 2).
- Enter your current email address within the email address field (fig 2).
- Choose "Authorize"
If you have previously registered another BIAS product, using the same email address, Peak will be authorized automatically — a dialog will appear indicating that you have been successfully registered.
If the BIAS Registration system does not recognize your email address (i.e., if this is the first BIAS product you are registering, or if you enter a different email address than with previously registered BIAS products) — a dialog will appear, prompting you to enter your registration information. Enter your registration information, and click the Submit button - a dialog will appear indicating that you have been successfully registered.
Once successfully authorized a confirmation window will appear. (fig 3)